I travel frequently and always need a boost of energy for long flights. The ingredients in these bars—nut butter, plump dried apricots and muesli—give me just the right nutritious lift for all the hours I’m in a plane, train or car. Just wrap these up in an air-tight plastic bag and off you go!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 45 minutes
- 2 cups
- 2 cups
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups diced dried apricots
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line 11 x 7 x 1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Combine the muesli and almonds. Spread on a large baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Lower the oven temperature to 300° F.
3. Add the toasted muesli and almonds to a large bowl. In a small saucepan melt the nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla over medium heat. Pour the nut butter mixture over the muesli and almonds. Mix well. Fold in the apricots.
4. Spread the muesli mixture in the prepared pan. Place a piece of clear plastic wrap over the mixture and press it down to 1/2-inch thickness. Remove the plastic wrap and discard.
5. Bake about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove the pan from the oven. Let cool for 2 hours before cutting into bars.