Muesli Applesauce Mini Muffins
When a full-sized muffin is just a bit too much, enjoy a few of these moist, mini applesauce-laced morsels. These pack well for lunchboxes and freeze great for up to 3 months.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup
- 1 cup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, whole wheat pastry flour or white wheat flour
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat thirty-six 1 3/4-inch mini muffin pan cups with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil mini muffin liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine the muesli, flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla. Add in the applesauce and whisk until combined. Add the egg mixture to the muesli mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared mini muffin cups. Bake about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack. Cool completely.