Moroccan Chicken Stew
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 6 pitted dates, quartered
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained*
- 1 1/4 cups Kellogg's® Smart Start® Strong Heart Antioxidants cereal Buy Now
1. In medium saucepan bring 1 cup of the chicken broth to boiling. Stir in couscous and dates. Remove from heat. Cover. Let stand at least 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
2. In 12-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook chicken, onions and garlic in hot oil for 3 minutes or until chicken is tender. Sprinkle with cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon and red pepper. Stir in carrots. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
3. Add remaining 1 cup broth to chicken mixture. Bring to boiling.
4. Meanwhile, place spinach in colander. Firmly press to remove excess liquid. Stir spinach and KELLOGG'S SMART START ANTIOXIDANTS cereal into couscous. Spoon couscous mixture into 6 serving bowls. Ladle chicken mixture over couscous mixture. Serve immediately.
*Note: If desired, substitute 2 cups torn, fresh spinach for the frozen. Do not press liquid out of fresh spinach. Stir spinach into hot couscous along with cereal as directed in step 4 above.