These mocha-flavored drop cookies are as delectable as they are pretty. The white icing glaze drizzled on top is a perfect complement to the dark brown dough - perfect for a dessert tray or to garnish a bowl of vanilla ice cream. Exceptional!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
1. Stir together flours, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, the 1/2 cup milk
and coffee crystals. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine, brown sugar, egg whites and vanilla until
smooth. Stir in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Drop by level
tablespoon onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 10 minutes or until almost firm to touch. Remove from baking
sheets and cool on wire racks.
5. In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and the 1 tablespoon milk, until smooth.
Drizzle over cooled cookies. Store in airtight container.