Mint Chocolate Pie
This pie is smooth and creamy with a minty chill. But the crust, made with Cocoa Krispies® cereal, is the very best part.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid green food coloring
- 1 container (8 oz.) reduced fat frozen whipped, topping, thawed
- Chocolate curls (optional)
1. Place margarine, corn syrup and chocolate chips in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES cereal to chocolate mixture. Stir until cereal is coated. With back of spoon, shape mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan coated with cooking spray. (If mixture is too soft, refrigerate about 5 minutes). Chill crust.
3. Combine gelatin and water in small saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin has dissolved. Remove from heat.
4. In large mixing bowl, combine marshmallow creme, flavoring, color and warm gelatin, mixing until smooth. Gently fold in thawed whipped topping.
5. Spoon filling into chilled crust. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
Serve garnished with additional whipped topping and chocolate curls, if