Mint Chocolate Minglers
Chocolate and mint coated cereal is an sure-fire hit for holiday parties, but, if you want something different, try substituting 1/2 teaspoon raspberry extract for the mint extract.
15 minutesTotal Time:
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8 cups Crispix®
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. In small, heavy saucepan melt chocolate morsels and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in peppermint extract.
2. In large bowl pour chocolate mixture over KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal. Stir until evenly coated.
3. Place powdered sugar in 2-gallon, zipper-type, plastic bag. Add cereal mixture. Close bag and gently toss until evenly coated. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
1. In large microwave safe bowl melt chocolate morsels and butter at high for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in peppermint extract. Add KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal. Stir until evenly coated. Continue as directed in step 3 above.
Microwave cooking times may vary.