Mini Muffin Sandwiches
Layer savory and sweet fillings into mini muffins made with Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 48 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely snipped pitted Medjool dates or golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- Assorted fillings (optional)
1. In a medium bowl combine 2 cups KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, milk, and dates. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in another medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside. Add eggs, applesauce, oil, and vanilla to cereal mixture. Beat well. Stir in flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into forty 1 3/4-inch muffin cups greased or coated with cooking spray, filling each 3/4 full; sprinkle tops with finely crushed cereal.
3. Bake at 400º F 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and tops spring back when touched. Cool muffins in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool. Cut muffins in half; fill with assorted fillings (if desired).
• Turkey-Apple: Apple butter, thinly sliced honey-roasted turkey, and thinly sliced apple.
• Choco-Berry: Chocolate hazelnut spread, banana slices, and strawberry slices.
• Curried Chicken: Chicken salad flavored with curry powder, mango chutney, and grapes.