Mike Rice Krispies Treats® Pops
Green food coloring and a little candy turn Rice Krispies Treats® into delightful little monsters.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 18 cake pop sticks
- Canned frosting
- 18 jelly beans, halved diagonally
- 18 fruit-flavored candy wafers*
- Blue food coloring
- 18 candy-coated chocolate pieces
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with green food coloring.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/3-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Cool.
4. Push one cake pop stick into each ball. Use frosting to attach two jelly bean halves to each cereal ball for horns. Use additional frosting to attach candy wafer to each ball for outer portion of eye. Tint additional frosting blue. Pipe small amount of blue frosting onto candy wafers. Place chocolate candy pieces on blue frosting for centers of eyes. Best if served the same day.
*If you are unable to find fruit-flavored candy wafers at your grocery store, substitute 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick slices of regular marshmallows. Use serrated knife coated with cooking spray to slice marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.