Microwave Bran Muffins
18 minutes to done! You can't go wrong with these nutritious and tasty microwave muffins.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- OR 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 paper baking cup liners
1. Stir together flours, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, sugar and milk.
Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add
flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Line six microwave-safe muffin-pan cups
with two paper liners each. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
3. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes, rotating pan 1/2 turn after 1 1/2 minutes. Remove
muffins from muffin-pan cups. Serve immediately.
Microwave cooking times may vary.
Microwave muffins have a different texture than conventionally baked muffins so
texture may seem slightly less tender.