Mediterranean Tomato Soup with Feta Topped Crackers
Herb-infused feta cheese tops the crisp crackers served with this warm, chunky tomato soup.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 3/4 cup crumbled garlic-and-herb feta cheese
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 24 Keebler® Club® Original crackers Buy Now
1. For soup, in large saucepan or Dutch oven cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, thyme and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, for cracker topping, in small bowl stir together feta cheese, cream cheese and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
3. To serve, ladle soup into bowls. Spoon dollops of sour cream on top of soup (if desired). Spread feta mixture on KEEBLER CLUB Original crackers. Serve with soup.