Mediterranean Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Dress up chicken breasts with stir-together dried tomato and olive filling and a crispy herbed coating.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 lb. total)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese (3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons snipped oil-packed dried tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped, pitted Greek-style olives
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- Steamed green beans tossed with butter (optional)
1. Place each breast half between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Working from center to edges, pound lightly with flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap. Season with garlic salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl stir together goat cheese, tomatoes, and olives. Divide mixture among chicken breasts. For each, fold chicken around filling to form a mound; fasten with a wooden toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. In a shallow bowl combine buttermilk, oregano, and paprika. Dip chicken into buttermilk, covering all sides, and coat with KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal.
4. Place chicken on 17 x 11 x 1-inch baking sheet coating with cooking spray. Bake at 375ºF for 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. For food safety, internal temperature of the chicken should reach at least 165ºF. Remove toothpicks before serving. Serve with green beans (if desired).