Mediterranean-Seasoned Stuffed Peppers
Rosemary, oregano and a bit of cinnamon add Mediterranean flavors to these delicious stuffed peppers.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 3 large green or red bell peppers, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™ Buy Now
- 1 3/4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (1 oz.) (optional)
1. Remove stems and seeds from peppers. Set peppers aside.
2. In large nonstick skillet cook onion in hot oil over medium-high heat about 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles, rice, tomato sauce, raisins, 2 tablespoons water, rosemary, oregano and cinnamon.
3. Arrange pepper halves, cut sides up, in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Spoon rice mixture into peppers. Pour 1 1/2 cups water into dish around peppers. Tightly cover with foil. Bake at 375° F about 40 minutes or until peppers are nearly tender. Remove foil. Sprinkle with feta cheese (if desired). Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes more or until peppers are tender.