Mediterranean Salad with Baked Goat Cheese
Hot, creamy goat cheese rounds top these Mediterranean-inspired salads, making them perfect for your next dinner party.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing, divided*
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 log (8 oz.) goat cheese (chevre)
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, drained and sliced (about 4 oz.)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- Kellogg's® Special K® crackers Multi-Grain
1. In shallow dish combine crushed
2. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl toss together lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, peppers, onion and remaining salad dressing. Arrange on eight serving plates. Top salads with hot cheese rounds. Serve immediately with additional
*Note: If desired, substitute any vinaigrette-type salad dressing for the Italian dressing.