Mediterranean Chickpea Lettuce Wrap
Recipe submitted by Chef Chris Santos, owner of New York City’s Beauty & Essex and Stanton Social Restaurants.
Chef Chris is a judge on Food Network’s popular “Chopped” series, and created this recipe as part of the Summer Streets celebration in New York City on August 16, 2014, for the MorningStar Farms® Good Food for Good Times tour.
This recipe has not been tested or modified by the MorningStar Farms® kitchen.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 1 package (4 patties) Morningstar Farms® Mediterranean Chickpea Burger Buy Now
- Blended oil Beet and Feta Puree
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 3 large beets, roasted and diced
- 1/4 red pepper flakes
- Blended oil Brunoise Greek Salad
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Tzatziki Sauce
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
For the Beet and Feta Puree: Place the beets in a blender and add enough blended oil until the beets turn into a smooth puree. Add the feta and red pepper flakes and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Brunoise Greek Salad: In a bowl, combine all of the diced vegetables and oregano. Mix together the lemon juice and olive oil and toss with the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For the Tzatziki Sauce: In a food processor, blend the raw garlic with the red wine vinegar until totally smooth. Combine the blended garlic with the yogurt. Mix in the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To finish: Slice the end off the head of lettuce and break off individual lettuce cups. Chop the thawed Mediterranean Chickpea patties into cube. Heat blended oil in a saucepan and sauté the cubed patties until crispy. Spread a layer of tzatziki on the bottom of each lettuce cup. Top with 2 tablespoons of the crispy cubed patties. Layer the Brunoise Greek Salad on top and finish with a dollop of the Beet and Feta Puree.