Mediterranean Bread Salad
The sunny taste of sundried tomatoes makes the perfect complement to this delicious Mediterranean salad. With cannellini beans, Parmesan, sourdough bread and All-Bran® cereal, this hearty salad makes a satisfying summer meal. Serve it for a great al fresco supper.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cubed sourdough bread (about 1-inch cubes)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini beans or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup bottled sun-dried tomato vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
1. On baking sheet lined with foil spread KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE WHEAT FLAKES cereal. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400°F about 6 minutes or until cheese begins to brown, stirring once. Cool completely.
2. On second baking sheet lined with foil spread bread cubes. Generously coat bread with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake at 400°F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl toss together lettuce, beans, tomato, salad dressing and green onions. Add bread cubes. Toss to combine. Spoon onto 4 serving plates. Sprinkle with cereal mixture. Serve immediately.