Mediterranean Black Bean Burger with Mushroom-Apple Slaw
Serve up this light Mediterranean inspired burger recipe. It's bold enough to satisfy yet delicate enough so it won't overwhelm. Just plain tasty.
24 each (3 pounds 8 ounces)
Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Buy Now Morningstar Farms®
- 24 slices (1 lb 8 ounces) cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 fl ounces) vegetable oil
- 1 pint 3/4 cup (1 lb 8 ounces) celery, fresh, chopped
- 1 gallon 1 pint 1/2 cup (3 lbs) button mushrooms, fresh, sliced
- 6 each (3 lbs) Granny Smith apples, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (4 fl ounces) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 24 leafs (24 ounces) romaine leaf, fresh
- 24 slices (1 pound 1 ounce) tomato, fresh, sliced
- 24 each sourdough buns
2. Place cheese on patty and heat under broiler for 2 minutes.
3. Cook mushrooms in sauté pan with vegetable oil until caramelized.
4. Combine celery, apples and lemon juice in bowl and season with salt and pepper.
5. Place caramelized mushrooms on top of patty.
6. Place apple slaw on top of mushrooms.
7. Place lettuce and tomato on bottom bun, then place patty on top and serve with top bun.