Meatball Vegetable Soup
This satisfying soup boasts a rich south-of-the-border flavor and features red beans, carrots, onions, tomatoes and yummy meatballs. For a family-fun Friday night meal, serve it over piping hot spaghetti noodles topped with shredded cheddar cheese and chopped fresh cilantro.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 can (10 1/2 oz.) condensed beef broth, divided
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (28 oz., 3 1/2 cups) whole peeled tomatoes, not drained
- 1 can (15 oz., 1 3/4 cups) red kidney beans, not drained
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. In 4-quart saucepan, combine 1 cup of the condensed soup, water and next
8 ingredients. Cut tomatoes into pieces with spoon. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and
simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
2. Mix KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal with egg, remaining condensed broth and
pepper. Add ground beef, mixing until well combined. Portion and shape into 1-inch
meatballs. Brown meatballs in oil or until done (160 degrees F). Drain.
3. Add meatballs to vegetable mixture. Simmer, covered, about 30 minutes longer.