Perfect for a Sunday night supper on a cool evening, this turkey-meatball stew with garbanzo beans, tomatoes and bell peppers, will satisfy the most demanding appetites.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup onion slices
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) low sodium whole tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon flour
1. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, egg whites, tomato sauce and cumin. Beat well. Add turkey. Mix until combined. Using rounded tablespoon, portion and shape into approximately 18 meatballs.
2. In 4-quart saucepan coated with cooking spray, brown meatballs over low heat. Add onion slices, green pepper, tomatoes, beans, cilantro and water. Cover and simmer 25 minutes or until done (160 degrees F) over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove 1/3 cup hot liquid from meatball mixture. Gradually add flour mixing constantly, until smooth. Stir into meatball mixture. Continue cooking 5 minutes longer, stirring frequently, or until mixture thickens. Serve hot.