Meat 'N Tater Pie
A succulent meat loaf forms the crust around savory, mashed potatoes in this main dish pie.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups seasoned stiff mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped American cheese
1. In large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES
cereal, salt, pepper, mustard and milk. Beat well. Add ground beef. Mix until
combined. Gently press mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie
pan to form crust.
2. In medium mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Add potatoes, onion and parsley
flakes. Mix until combined. Spread potato mixture evenly in meat shell. Place
pie on baking sheet.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until done (160 degrees F). While pie is baking, combine remaining
crumbs with margarine. Set aside.
4. Remove pie from oven. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and top with crumbs
mixture. Bake about 10 minutes longer or until cheese starts to melt. Serve
hot sprinkled with paprika.
Meat 'N Tater Pie may also be made in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Spread potato
mixture over meat mixture. Bake as directed above in step 3 and 4 above.