Marvelous Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup margarine or butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vainilla flavoring
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S® CORN FLAKES CRUMBS®, flour, cocoa
powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2, In large mixing bowl, beat together sugar and mayonnaise until smooth.
Stir in dry ingredients, mixing until combined. Add boiling water and vanilla,
blending thoroughly. Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
3. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. When cool, frost with Fluffy White Frosting.
4. To make frosting: Combine flour and small amount of the milk in small
saucepan, mixing until smooth. Add remaining milk, stirring until combined.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened. Cool
5. In small electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light
and fluffy. Add cooled milk mixture and vanilla, beating until smooth and no
sugar granules remain.