Marmalade Pan Bread
Change it up! This scrumptious quick bread can be made with any flavor of fruit preserves. Simply brush the preserves onto the top of the dough before you slip it into the oven. As the bread bakes to a pleasant golden brown, the topping will bubble its way into an irresistible, tasty-sweet crust.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening. Beat well. Add flour
mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan
coated with cooking spray. Top with marmalade, spreading evenly over batter.
3. Bake at 400° F about 30 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Cut into squares
and serve hot with softened butter and additional marmalade, if desired.
Other fruit preserves may be used in place of orange marmalade.