Marmalade Coffee Cake
Simple and delicious, this easy coffee cake has a glistening "icing" made of tangy orange marmalade and a boost of fiber from All-Bran® cereal. A pretty and scrumptious treat for any time of day and any time of year.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Set aside.
2. Measure KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal and milk into large
mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cereal is
softened. Add egg and shortening. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring
only until combined. Spread in greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Top with
marmalade, spreading evenly over batter.
3. Bake at 400° F about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares.
VARIATION: Other fruit preserves may be used in place of orange marmalade.