Magic Star Wands
Decorate these magic-wand-shaped goodies with frosting or your favorite sprinkles for a touch of enchantment.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Froot Loops® cereal
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 small pretzel sticks
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Multi-colored sprinkles
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S FROOT LOOPS cereal and KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using 2 1/2-inch, star-shaped cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut out twelve stars. Cool completely. Carefully press 1 pretzel stick into each star. Decorate with tinted frosting and/or sprinkles (if desired). Best if served the same day.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for the marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.