M&M'S® Snowmen Treats™
A perfect project for snowy winter days!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., abut 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 10 large gumdrops
- 5 pretzel sticks, broken in half
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- M&M'S® brand chocolate candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup, 1/3-cup and 1/4-cup measuring cups coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into five 1/2-cup portions, five 1/3-cup portions and five 1/4-cup portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into ball. Cool slightly.
4. Sprinkle coconut onto five serving plates, if desired. Place one large cereal ball on one of the serving plates. Top with medium cereal ball, pressing down. Add small cereal ball to top, slightly pressing down. Repeat with remaining cereal balls and remaining serving plates.
5. Flatten 5 of the gumdrops into 1 1/2-inch circles between two pieces of wax paper. Remove wax paper. Use frosting to attach gumdrop circles to bottom of remaining gumdrops, forming top hats. Use frosting to attach hats to snowmen. Press pretzel pieces into snowmen for arms. Decorate with frosting and M&M'S® brand chocolate candies to make snowman faces, buttons and scarves. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.