Luscious Apricot Bars
Now you can have the sunny taste of summer any day of the year. Dried apricots are the stars of these chewy bars. And hiding in the delicious crust is more than a cup of All-Bran® cereal. A truly exceptional treat!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2/3 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 2/3 cup finely cut, dried apricots
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar
1. For crust, measure margarine, granulated sugar and the 2/3 cup flour into small
mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Mix in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Spread mixture
evenly in bottom of 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Cool
3. While crust is baking, rinse apricots. Place in small mixing bowl. Cover with very
hot water. Let stand about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Set aside.
4. Stir together the remaining 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
5. In medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Add
flour mixture. Mix well. Stir in nuts and apricots. Spread mixture over baked crust.
6. Return to oven and bake about 45 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.