Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
You know that lemons and poppy seeds are a classic combination. Add a boost of fiber from All-Bran® cereal, and give these tasty little muffins a powerful nutrition punch. They are perfect for breakfast with a bowl of vanilla yogurt, or as an anytime, on-the-go snack.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about
2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Stir in poppy seeds,
lemon peel and lemon juice. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion
evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
4. To make Lemon Glaze, stir powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle
glaze over warm muffins. Serve warm.