Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
If you're having a tea party with the girls (old or young), serve this bread. It's a favorite of all.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 45 minutes
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together first 8 ingredients. Set aside.
2. Beat together egg whites, milk, oil, the 1 tablespoon lemon peel and
2 tablespoons lemon juice. Add to cereal mixture, stirring only until combined.
Spoon batter into 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick
inserted near center comes out clean. Using long tined fork, prick top of loaf
12 times. Combine corn syrup, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel and
1 tablespoon juice and pour over hot bread. Let cool in pan 30 minutes. Remove
from pan and cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.