Let the sun shine! The sunny taste of these citrus muffins is sure to add a bright note to your morning routine. Enriched with a full cup of All-Bran® cereal, they also offer a boost of fiber to help you start your day right!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk, orange juice,
lemon peel and lemon juice. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add
egg and shortening. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion
evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.