Lemon Herbed Chicken
A tomato-based marinade spiked with soy sauce, lemon juice and herbs gives oven-baked chicken a new twist.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup or chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3 pounds chicken pieces (with or without skin), rinsed and dried
- 5 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
1. In 1-gallon zipper-type plastic bag, combine oil, ketchup, lemon juice, soy sauce,
salt, pepper and herbs. Add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate several hours.
2. Place KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal in shallow dish or pan. Drain chicken
pieces slighty. Coat with cereal. Place in single layer, skin side up, in shallow pan
coated with vegetable cooking spray or foil lined..
3. Bake at 350° about 1 hour or until chicken is tender, no longer pink and juices
run clear. Do not cover pan or turn chicken while baking.