Lemon Glazed Peach Muffin
Spiced peach muffins taste even better when draped with a zingy lemon glaze. For an unusual and delectable dessert, serve these fruity muffins warm, with a generous scoop of low-fat whipped topping. Top with lemon glaze for an out-of-this-world treat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 oz) sliced cling peaches in light syrup
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Stir together flour, the 3 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
2. Drain peaches reserving 1/3 cup syrup. Set aside 8 peach slices for topping. Chop
remaining peach slices. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk and the 1/3 cup
peach syrup. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg white and oil. Beat
well. Stir in chopped peaches. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion
evenly into eight 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray. Place 1 peach slice over top of each muffin.
5. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with Lemon Sauce.
6. To make sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in 2-quart saucepan. Add water, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon peel and juice. Serve over warm Peach Muffins.