Lemon Glazed Bars
This recipe makes a big batch of these tangy lemon indulgences, so you have plenty to serve hungry guests.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- or 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 oz. 1 1/3 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter softened
1. If using Corn Flakes, crush into fine crumbs; set aside.
2. Measure the 1/2 cup margarine and brown sugar into mixing bowl; beat until
light and fluffy. Add flour; mix until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press
into 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in 350° F oven about 5 minutes or until light brown; cool.
4. In medium-size mixing bowl, combine crumbs, sweetened condensed milk,
coconut and walnuts. Spoon over baked crust; spread carefully with buttered
5. Bake in 350° F oven about 12 minutes or until golden brown. While warm,
frost with Lemon Icing.
6. to make icing, mix together confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and the 1
tablespoon margarine until smooth. Cool; cut into 2 1/2 x 1 3/4-inch bars to