The tangy taste of lemon comes through in this fluffy sensation.
20 minutesTotal Time:
4 hours 50 minutesServings:
- Murray Sugar Free® Sandwich cookies Lemon
- 2 tablespoons light butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup Splenda® Granular (sugar substitute)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tub (8 oz) frozen reduced-fat non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved; blueberries or raspberries
1. Place cookies in food processor bowl. Cover and process until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Firmly press onto bottom of 8 x 8 x 2-inch dish. Refrigerate until needed.
2. In small saucepan stir together Splenda® Granular and cornstarch. Stir in lemon juice, water and lemon peel. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling and thickened. Stir about half of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Gently boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour into medium bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Fold whipped topping into lemon mixture. Spoon over crust. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until set. Cut into squares. Serve with berries.