Layered Basil Cheese Spread
A pleasant blend of fresh basil and Parmesan cheese separates layers of cream cheese and tomato in this party-perfect appetizer.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hour 20 minutes
- 2 tubs (8 oz. each) whipped cream cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds*
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Keebler® Town House® Original crackers Buy Now
1. Line 3 1/2-to 4-cup bowl or mold with plastic wrap, allowing excess wrap to extend over sides. Set aside.
2. In medium bowl gently stir together cream cheese and tomato. Set aside.
3. In food processor bowl combine basil, Parmesan cheese, parsley, pine nuts and garlic. Cover and process until very finely chopped. With food processor running, slowly add oil through feed tube. Process until mixture is consistency of soft butter.
4. Spread one-third of cream cheese mixture in prepared bowl. Top with one-half of basil mixture. Repeat layers. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
5. On serving plate invert bowl. Remove plastic wrap. Garnish with tomato and fresh basil, if desired. Serve with crackers.
*NOTE: Two tablespoons KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE crumbs may be substituted for the pine nuts or almonds.