This appealing lasagna will have the whole family clamoring for more.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 cans (6 oz. each) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 10 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups (12 oz.)shredded Mozzarella cheese
1. In 12-inch fry pan, brown ground beef and turkey. Drain off excess drippings.
Stir in next 7 ingredients. Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. While meat mixture simmers, cook noodles according to package directions.
Drain, rinse and set aside.
3. Beat eggs slightly. Add remaining ingredients except Mozzarella cheese.
4. Cover bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with thin layer of meat mixture.
Then layer half the noodles in baking dish. Spread with half the remaining
meat mixture. Top with half the mozzarella cheese. Spread half the egg mixture
over the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
5. Bake at 375° F about 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and lightly browned.
Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.