These vegetarian calzones are a snap to make. With MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers® Recipe Crumbles™, cheese and veggies, it's a real crowd pleaser!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 package (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza dough
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. In large nonstick skillet cook garlic in oil about 30 seconds. Stir in MORNINGSTAR FARMS Meal Starters Grillers Recipe Crumbles and bell pepper. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in 1/4 cup of the pizza sauce and green onion. Set aside.
3. On lightly floured surface unroll pizza dough. Pat into 13 1/2 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut into six 4 1/2-inch squares. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on one side of each square. Spoon filling mixture on cheese. Fold in half so unfilled sides cover filling. Use tines of fork to press edges together to seal. Use fork to prick holes in top of each. Brush tops with water. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375° F for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
4. Meanwhile, place remaining 3/4 cup pizza sauce in microwave-safe bowl. Loosely cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot. Serve calzones with warm sauce.