Kellogg's Crispix Chicken Salad™
On hot summer days, serve this bright-tasting, chicken-and-pasta salad with a cold glass of iced tea and a wedge of watermelon.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup whole grain farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8 cherry tomoatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, coarsely chopped and toasted
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Crispix® cereal Buy Now
1. In large skillet combine chicken and enough water to cover. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7 to 12 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. For food safety, internal temperature of the chicken should reach at least 165ºF. Drain well. Cool slightly. Cut into bite-size pieces. Cover and refrigerate until needed. Cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
2. In large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar and soy sauce. Stir in tomatoes, cashews, green onions and cilantro. Add chicken, pasta, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
3. Just before serving, add KELLOGG'S CRISPIX cereal to chicken mixture. Gently toss. Serve immediately.