Kellogg's Corn Flakes® Ice Cream Sandwiches
For a special dessert, serve these peanut butter cookies stuffed with ice cream.
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 4 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
1. In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixer bowl beat peanut butter and butter on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add flour mixture. Beat until combined. Stir in oats and 1 cup of the KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Use hand to flatten balls into 2 1/4-inch circles. Bake at 375° F for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. Spoon 1/4 cup ice cream onto half of the cookie bottoms. Top with remaining cookies to make sandwiches. Roll edges of sandwiches in remaining 2 cups cereal. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 2 weeks.