Kashi® Tomato Tart with Cheese Recipe
Utterly unique, this tart plays up the ripe goodness of succulent, in-season tomatoes, fluffy ricotta, and aromatic basil, all in a toasted oat, 7 whole grain crust.
- Section: Crust
- 2 1/2 cups
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Section: Filling
- 1 pound organic hot house tomatoes, sliced ¼-inch thick (about 2 tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for dirzzling
- 4 tablespoons organic part-skim ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil, plus a few leaves for garnish
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
To make the crust:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, grind the
3. Mix the meal and the extra virgin olive oil together. Press this mixture into a 9-inch tart pan. To compress the crust as much as possible, press the crust with the flat bottom of a glass.
4. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
To make the filling and assemble the tart:
1. In another bowl, place the olive oil, ricotta cheese, and basil, toss these together and season with salt.
2. When making the tart, press the cheese filling evenly in the tart shell. Arrange tomato slices, overlapping slightly, on top of the cheese filling.
3. Bake until tomatoes are lightly roasted, about 25 minutes.
4. Let the tart rest for ten minutes. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut and serve.