All-Bran® cereal adds a lovely flavor and texture to these traditional cornbread muffins. Serve them warm from the oven with lots of fresh butter. A great accompaniment to chili, soup or stew.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon milk
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, milk and egg. Let stand about 2 minutes
or until cereal softens.
2. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Using pastry blender, cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add
cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn out on lightly floured board. Knead
about 5 times. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
Brush with milk. Fold each round of dough in half. Brush again with milk. Place on
ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake at 450° F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.