Jicama and Orange Cups
A refreshing salad composed of crunchy jicama, juicy orange sections, red onion and creamy avocado becomes finger food when it’s served in the cups formed naturally by Boston lettuce leaves.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium orange
- 3 ounces jicama, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 medium avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 small Boston or bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Multi-Grain
1. Working over a bowl to catch juices, section orange. Chop orange sections. Set juice aside.
2. In medium bowl combine orange sections, jicama, avocado, red onion and cilantro.
3. In small bowl whisk together 1 tablespoon of the reserved orange juice, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Add to orange mixture. Toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter. Stir orange mixture. Spoon into lettuce leaves. Just before serving, sprinkle with KELLOGG’S RAISIN BRAN Omega-3 from Flaxseed cereal. Serve immediately.