Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon file powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon liquid pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen cut okra
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 package (8 oz.) MORNINGSTAR FARMS™ Veggie Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 package
- 12 ounces water-packed, extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- cooked brown rice
1. In large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add onions, celery, and garlic.
Saute over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Add
tomatoes and break apart with a spoon. Stir in file powder, salt, pepper
sauce, parsley, okra, and broth. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
2. Heat remaining oil in large frypan. Add MORNINGSTAR FARMS™ Breakfast Links
and tofu. Saute over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add to tomato mixture. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Serve
over hot cooked brown rice.