Jackson's® Vanilla Wafer Banana Pudding
20 minutesTotal Time:
3 hours 35 minutesServings:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Jackson's Jackson's® Vanilla Wafers
- 2 medium ripe bananas
1. In medium heavy saucepan stir together 3/4 cup sugar and flour. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils.
2. In small bowl lightly beat 3 egg yolks. Gradually stir in about half of hot mixture into yolks. Return egg yolk mixture to mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
3. In small mixing bowl beat egg whites on high speed of electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
4. In 2-quart souffle dish or baking dish alternate layers of wafers, banana and pudding mixture, ending with pudding mixture. Spread egg white mixture over top. Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until set. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.