A delicious take on eggplant Parmesan. Our version is seasoned with traditional Italian spices and dredged in a crispy coating of All-Bran® cereal and real Parmesan cheese. Next, it's baked to perfection and served with warm tomato sauce. Add a mixed green salad and Sunday dinner is done!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 2 small eggplants, each sliced diagonally into approximately 5, 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned, chopped tomatoes or bottled pasta sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a shallow dish, mix flour, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
4. In another shallow dish, whisk together egg substitute and milk. Set aside.
5. In a third shallow dish, mix Parmesan cheese and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN COMPLETE WHEAT FLAKES. Set aside.
6. Dredge each eggplant slice first in flour, then egg, then cereal, coating each slice well.
7. Place breaded eggplant slices in single layer on prepared cookie sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
8. While eggplant bakes, place tomatoes or sauce in small sauce pan. Heat just until boiling.
9. Remove eggplant from oven and sprinkle with basil. Serve with warmed tomato sauce.