Italian Burger Recipe
Who could resist these sandwiches? Crisp, sweet, red and green bell peppers, cooked with onion and Italian seasoning, top these herbed, pizza burgers.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Tomato & Basil Pizza Burgers Buy Now
- 1/4 cup herb pasta sauce
- 4 thin slices Provolone cheese (about 3 oz. total)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1/4 large sweet onion, cut into slivers
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
1. Place burgers on baking sheet. Bake at 350º F for 11 minutes. Spread with pasta sauce. Top with cheese. Bake at 350º F for 3 minutes more or until cheese melts.
2. Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet cook red pepper, green pepper, onion and Italian seasoning in oil until vegetables are tender.
3. Serve burgers in buns topped with pepper mixture.