Island Inspired Coconut Ginger Creme Cakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened*
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup pineapple ice cream topping
1. Line twelve muffin cups with foil bake cups. Place one cookie in each. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sugar , vanilla and coconut extract (if desired) on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. Stir in coconut.
3. Carefully spoon about 1/4 cup cream cheese mixture into each bake cup. Bake at 325°F for 18 to 22 minutes or until almost set. Cool for 30 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan. Peel away foil bake cups. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
4. Place one cake on each serving plate. Drizzle with ice cream topping. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
*NOTE: Soften cream cheese in microwave at high for 15 to 20 seconds.