Ice Box Bran Cookies
Studded with chopped walnuts and dates and enriched with All-Bran® cereal, these old-fashioned icebox cookies are heartwarmingly wholesome. Just two cookies provide 5% of your fiber RDA!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 8 hour 55 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup finely cut dates
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Stir together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg
and vanilla. Beat well. Mix in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Add flour mixture, mixing
thoroughly. Stir in dates and walnuts.
3 Knead and shape into 2 rolls about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper,
covering ends so dough does not dry out. Chill in refrigerator overnight. Cut into
1/4-inch slices and place on ungreased baking sheets.
5. Bake at 425° F about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking
sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.