Honey Orange Bread
This gorgeous, golden quick bread is enriched with a full cup of All-Bran® cereal and has the heady flavors of orange, honey, cinnamon and cloves. Serve it toasted and buttered for breakfast, or as a delicate accompaniment to a chicken salad studded with toasted walnuts and green grapes − a beautiful springtime treat.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 30 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. In large mixing bowl, beat together egg, orange peel, orange juice, honey and
shortening. Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and let stand about 10 minutes
or until cereal softens.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add to cereal mixture, stirring
only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking
3. Bake at 325° F about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let stand until cold before slicing.