Looking for a better way to get your family out of bed? This weekend, surprise them with fresh, warm-from-the-oven muffins. Enriched with All-Bran® cereal, honey and tangy buttermilk, these little gems are a nutritious and delicious way to greet the day!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup shortening
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In medium mixing bowl, combine
Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, honey and shortening.
Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into nine
2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400°F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
To make sour milk, stir 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice into 1 cup milk.
To substitute milk for buttermilk or sour milk, omit buttermilk or sour milk and use 2/3 cup milk, 1/4 cup honey, 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and omit baking soda.