Honey Fig Bread Recipe
This delectable quick bread features the warm, sweet flavors of honey and figs. With a touch of fiber from All-Bran® cereal, this family favorite is a delightful addition to all of your autumn holiday celebrations.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup chopped figs
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg, oil and honey. Beat well. Add flour
mixture, stirring only until combined. Stir in figs. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf
pan coated with cooking spray..
4. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire
rack before slicing.