Honey Currant Buns
These lovely currant buns have a pleasing honey fragrance and a tender biscuit-like texture. Serve them warm from the oven, with creamery butter and apricot jam. A perfect Sunday-breakfast-in-bed-while-you-read-the-paper treat!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, currants, milk and honey. Let stand
about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in shortening
until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cereal mixture, stirring only until
3. Turn dough out on lightly floured board and knead gently a few times. Divide in
12 equal portions and shape each into ball. Place on baking sheets coated with
cooking spray. Flatten to about 1/2 inch in thickness. Brush with mixture of honey
4. Bake at 425° F about 15 minutes or until golden and done.